When shopping for a kid’s metal detector, another thing you should pay attention to is the shaft adjust ability and materials. You should go for a detector with an adjustable shaft such as the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro metal detector. Manufactured with strong materials to ensure durability, this Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Metal Detector can adjust from 21 to 32-inches, making it a perfect choice for growing kids.
Price and Warranty
Despite all these benefits, the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro metal detector remains one of the most affordable detectors for kids out there. What’s more, it comes with a 12-month limited warranty against defects in materials as well as workmanship. This tells you a lot about the quality of the product. After all, manufacturers that do not have a high level of confidence in the quality of their products tend not to issue a warranty and if they do, it barely exceeds 6 months.
Let’s face it; nothing comes without a few disappointments here and there. However, when it comes to the Hunter Land Ranger Pro metal detector, there are only 3 minor setbacks that one can point out.
It Has Trouble Detecting Small Items Found Deep Into the Ground
Users will have troubles in finding small items, which are buried beyond 6 inches deep. But taking into account the price of this Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Metal Detector, making a big deal out of this minor issue certainly wouldn’t be a fair play.
Non-Waterproof Detecting Coil
The detecting coil isn’t waterproof and thus mustn’t be placed inside water. However, this should not be such a big deal as the gadget can still be splashed, washed, moved through wet surfaces or used in drizzling rain.
It Is Just for Kids
While this Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Metal Detector is quite fascinating and enables users to discover buried treasure like coins and so on, it’s only designed for children. Adults need to select more advanced metal detector models from the manufacturer. But adults who are just starting out with metal detecting will probably derive a little thrill, searching for metals with it.
- Intuitive menu system with LCD display and touchpad controls
- Digital depth indicator – know how deep you have to dig to reach your target
- Adjustable sensitivity for maximum detection depth
- 7 search modes, pinpoint mode, discrimination mode and all metal motion mode
- Overload alarm system
- 43 target-ID categories, numerical target-ID system 0-99 and target-ID category icons
- 60 levels of adjustable discrimination, 4 audio feedback tones with pitch proportional to signal strength, selectable notching capabilities and pre-set notch
- V-Break® – variable tone breakpoint
- Ground Grab® – computerized ground balancing for excellent performance in different soil conditions
- Manual ground balance
- 11” (27cm) elliptical biaxial, open waterproof search coil with interchangeable coil system
- Visual battery life and low battery indicators – know how much treasure hunting time you have left and get alerted when power is low
- Frequency 7.69 kHz
- Powered by 1 x 9V alkaline battery
- ¼” (6.5mm) headphone jack
- Made in USA
- 5-year warranty
Designed to find small objects buried up to 5-inches below the ground and large objects lying not less than 3 feet under the surface of the earth, the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro is one of the most reliable and affordable Land Ranger Pro metal detectors out there. When it detects an object, its target indicator meter picks up the signal, emitting a louder noise as you get closer to the object. And the best part is, it comes with a feature that eliminates unnecessary signal alerts. The gadget is completely adjustable and comes handy with a battery tester minus the 2 x 9Volt batteries required to power it. The tester ensures that only working 9-volts batteries are used with the device. The Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro metal detector arrives ready to use; all you require is the 2 x 9Volt batteries. Although it is suitable for kids not older than 13 years, kids above this age can still find it useful and exciting. Introduce your children to the thrill of discovering buried valuable metal objects with this wonderful metal detector. And the good news is that the gadget is readily available online.